USE OF ADEL HOCKEY PITCH BY MEMBERS OF THE HOCKEY CLUB:
GUIDANCE, TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COVID-19
Up to 4 groups of players can use the pitch at any one time, with each group using a quarter of the pitch.
Each ‘group’ can be either:
- A household, of up to six people who live together and are therefore not required to socially distance from each other.
- Six individuals from different households who must maintain the 2m distance whilst hitting or passing the ball.
- A group of six that are a mixture of the above, should socially distance from those not part of their household.
- One-to-one coaching sessions, where if members of the session are from different households, again they must be 2m apart in line with social distancing rules.
- Group coaching sessions, where the coach is the 6th If not from the same household, players must be 2m apart.
Members are required to book a section of pitch in advance to be allowed to play.
- Use of the pitch is not allowed outside of the times set out.
- Non-members are not allowed to use the pitch unless:
- They are a friend/family member of an Adel HC member.
- That member must book the pitch and is responsible for the non-member whilst at the facility.
- Their use does not prevent use by members i.e. by booking 2 slots instead of 1 and preventing members accessing the pitch.
- They are a friend/family member of an Adel HC member.
- Maximum 4 slots per member per week to allow for everyone to have the opportunity to use the place.
- If you are group of 5-6, please book half a pitch. Groups of 4 can use a quarter pitch.
Wednesday – Friday: 6-8 pm
Saturday – Sunday: 1-6 pm
Bookings will be for 50 minutes to allow you to leave 10 minutes before the start of the next session to avoid unnecessary contact with others. This will also allow the bookings to run smoothly.
Please listen to and respect the pitch co-ordinator. They are there for your safety and have given up their time to do so.
If you are from different households, you must socially distance (be 2m away) from each other at all times, in line with government guidelines.
Players should enter by the gate at the bottom left corner of the pitch (next to the lighting box) and exit by the dugouts.
Please use your own equipment (sticks, balls, water bottles), and avoid touching other equipment such as goals, fencing and the dugouts. If playing with a member outside your household, you should only touch the ball with your stick or goalkeeping pads.
Players should follow Public Health England advice for good hygiene at all times, as a minimum, players must wash their hands before coming to the pitch and as soon as possible when they leave.
- Hand sanitiser will be made available at the pitch and must be used when entering and exiting the pitch area. Alternatively, please bring and use your own.
Litter should be removed by the member who bought it with them after the session.
Do not congregate and socialise after your session is over.
No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises.
Members are not travel to pitch together unless with members of their household.
Players should arrive as close as possible to when they need to be there.
Members will be requested to park in alternate bays if possible to ensure a distance of 2m is maintained between members from separate households.
Other sections including Bowls, Tennis and Cricket are also back playing at a socially distant distance. Please respect the members of these sections and make sure you adhere to the social distancing guidelines at all times.
The AWMA clubhouse, changing rooms and toilets will remain closed.
In case of injury there is a first aid kit under the right hand bench in the middle dugout, please use hand sanitiser prior to use. In an emergency, call 999.
If a player requires assistance, a member of their household should do so, or please comply with the following;
- If this is not possible either the person playing with them or the co-ordinator should assist at a socially distant distance.
- If the player is injured and you cannot help them from 2m away then the rules of social distancing will need to be broken to help them. This should be done by the fewest number of players possible and they should avoid touching their face or property until they have used hand sanitiser.
Guidelines on first aid can be found here: https://www.sja.org.uk/get-advice/first-aid-advice/covid-19-advice-for-first-aiders/
Adel HC is insured through England Hockey with the Howden Group, this includes personal accident/injury cover.
If a parent or guardian should be present, this should be limited to one non-spectator who should observe social distancing guidelines.
During 1-to-1 or group coaching sessions with a junior, a parent/guardian must be present at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
Playing outside and at a socially distant distance means the risk of transmission is small if members respect and stick to the social distancing guidelines and the pitch etiquette outlined above.
If you or a household member has symptoms of coronavirus you must not participate and should self-isolate accordingly, and not book or play hockey during that period.
- Wash hands before arriving and after leaving
- Use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the pitch
- Use the online bookings system, slots are 50 minutes long.
- Do NOT use the pitch outside the allocated hours
- The pitch is for use by members only
- Members can play in groups:
- 6 players maximum
- Same or different households
- If a coached session, the 6th member is the coach
- At the Pitch:
- Maintain 2m social distance (unless from same household)
- Stick to your section of the pitch
- Use the one-way system
- Use your own equipment and avoid touching goals, fencing etc
- Only touch the ball with your stick/GK pads
- Take your litter home
- Know the location of the first aid equipment
- Ensure you are appropriately insured
- No Alcohol
- Park in alternate bays in the car park if possible
- Do not congregate after the session
- Do NOT participate if you are required to self-isolate
I am sure you are all as excited as we are to get back to playing again and we cannot wait to see the pitch being used but we must inform you all that if you do not adhere to the social distancing guidelines your privileges will be removed and you will no longer be able to use the pitch. If multiple and repeated infringements occur this could result in the use of the pitch being taken away from all members until England Hockey and the government deem it appropriate to resume normal play.
Enjoy the hockey!
Leeds Adel Executive Committee
|5 downloads||2.0||23-06-2020 19:43||Download|